Taronga is dedicated to continually reducing our environmental footprint. We strive to embed sustainable work practices into the core of our business.
During this workshop, participants tour our facilities to see how we are reducing our environmental impacts in key areas such as water, energy and waste. Learn how we are achieving our objectives by setting appropriate targets, assigning responsibilities and allocating resources.
Get inspired to lead by example and help drive a sustainable culture in your community!
- Our heritage, our home - Explore our beautiful heritage listed buildings to see how we are modernizing our legacy. Take a stroll through our Backyard to Bush house and garden, designed to showcase small things everyone can do to ensure Sydney is a sustainable, liveable city
- Solar lemurs - Stop by and say hello to our lemurs who use solar heating to transform incoming radiation into heat which is stored for use on cold days
- Every drop counts - Did you know Taronga has a water treatment plant? Learn how much water we recycle every year and the positive impact that has had on reducing our fresh water consumption
Availability: 9:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday, 90 minutes in duration.
Pricing: $250 per workshop plus $28.20 per student. Includes zoo admission and 1 coordinator free per 10 students.
- Recommended group size is 12-30 students
- All courses are currently only being offered at our Taronga Zoo Sydney location
- Taronga is a not-for-profit organisation. Your payment goes towards our work for wildlife and conservation here and around the world