Taronga Western Plains Zoo is a COVID Safe site.
Next time you visit you may notice a few changes that ensure our sites remain COVID Safe for all our guests, staff and animals.
Read more about the changes keeping you safe.
Billabong Camp is an immersive experience where we take care of the hard work for you. All you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy. You’ll uncover the secret, after hours life of the Zoo with the help of our Zoo Host. You’ll also enjoy a tasty Australian barbecue dinner, continental breakfast and two day entry to the Zoo.
How the campsite works
- Campsites are allocated to groups of four people
- Two adjacent tents per campsite (if you would prefer to stay together in one tent please let us know at the time of booking)
- Groups of over four people are allocated campsites/tents based on their sleeping requirements (confirmed at time of booking)
The Billabong Camp package includes:
- One night accommodation in our Billabong Camp tents
- Two day entry to the Zoo
- All bedding including pillows and towels
- Dinner and an evening supper
- Continental buffet breakfast
- An exciting range of guided animal encounters and tours where you will see Australian, Asian and African animals
Terms and conditions
Full payment required at the time of booking.
Payment Methods: Credit card or electronic funds transfer
Cancellation Terms: In the event of cancellation the following fees apply:
- Outside 30 days prior to arrival – full refund
- 30 days to 15 days prior to arrival – penalty of $100.00 per booking per night
- Within 14 days prior to arrival – all cancellations will result in a full cancellation penalty. Should you amend your reservation to reflect an alternative date; an amendment fee of $100.00 per booking per night will be applied
Give the gift of an unforgettably wild overnight experience at Taronga Western Plains Zoo! Online Gift Certificates are available for purchase to the value you nominate for Billabong Camp.
COVID Safe information
Last updated Monday 10 May 2021
Taronga’s two Zoos offer guests a unique opportunity to experience the outdoors and reconnect with wildlife. Next time you visit you may notice a few changes that ensure our sites remain COVID Safe for you, your family, our team and our animals.
Below are a few tips to make your next visit as safe, fun and enjoyable as possible!
If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and do not visit.
Most pre-booked tickets can be changed to an alternate date at no charge. Excludes promotional offers. Tickets purchased during a promotional period using a discount code are not transferable to a date outside the promotional date range stated in the Terms and Conditions of that promotion. Please ensure to check the specific full terms and conditions when buying tickets during a promotional period.
Following the most recent advice from NSW Health, Taronga has implemented the following additional measures to ensure our Zoos remain a low-risk environment for you and your family to enjoy.
Wearing face masks (Taronga Zoo Sydney only): Whilst masks are no longer mandatory indoors following the latest NSW Health advice, we do recommend you bring a mask when you visit. Our staff will continue to wear masks to keep you safe.
Pre-book your visit: All tickets and member visits must be pre-booked online.
Bring your essentials upon arrival:
- Your e-ticket or booking confirmation
- Facemask (recommended, not mandatory)
- Personal hygiene kit (including sanitiser)
- Contactless payment method
- Water bottle
Check-in via the Service NSW App: Along with pre-booking your tickets, all visitors will also be asked to check in using the Service NSW app when you arrive on site. This includes all members of any family groups, including children.
Maintain social distancing: Staff and guests are required to maintain 1.5m physical distancing at all times where possible.
Guests are not permitted to visit Taronga’s Zoos in Sydney and Dubbo or stay overnight if it contravenes state or federal travel restrictions, border closures and public health orders relating to COVID-19. If you have been asked to self-isolate, please do not enter Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
If you have purchased General Admission Zoo entry tickets, excluding promotional offers, and need to change your visit date due to impacts from COVID-19, please contact either Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo: