Taronga Western Plains Zoo is a COVID Safe site.
Next time you visit you may notice a few changes that ensure our sites remain COVID Safe for all our guests, staff and animals.
Read more about the changes keeping you safe.
A Savannah Cabin is ideal for a short stay to explore the Zoo, or a longer stay to experience Dubbo and the surrounding region. You’ll have the flexibility to come and go as you please.
Spend the night in a stylish and comfortable self-contained cabin. Enjoy views of sprawling natural grassland right on your doorstep in this family friendly retreat.
Savannah Cabins is ideal for a short stay to explore the Zoo, or a longer stay to experience Dubbo and the surrounding region. You’ll have the flexibility to come and go as you please.
- Sleeps up to six people
- Bedroom One: Queen bed with ensuite
- Bedroom Two: Two singles (can be converted to King if requested at time of booking)*.
- Sofa bed, located in lounge area
- Air conditioning
- Fully contained kitchen with electric cooking hob, dishwasher, convection oven and refrigerator
- Outdoor dining area
- Free wifi and Foxtel
- Bedding, linen and towels included
- Daily house cleaning service
* There is one accessible cabin that includes an accessible bathroom
* NEW: A playground is now available to Savannah Cabins guests.
- Stay in a self-contained Savannah Cabin
- Combine this package with a Dubbo Great Big Adventure Pass and enjoy what Dubbo has to offer while staying overnight at the zoo
Accommodation and Zoo entry
- Stay in a self-contained Savannah cabin
- This package also entitles you 2 consecutive days's access to Taronga Western Plains Zoo during your stay
- Stay in a self-contained Savannah cabin
- This package is all inclusive with Zoo entry, bike hire, plus dinner and breakfast hampers for each night and morning of your stay
Terms and conditions
Full payment required at the time of booking.
Payment Methods: Credit card or electronic funds transfer
Cancellation Terms: In the event of cancellation the following fees apply:
- Outside 30 days prior to arrival – full refund
- 30 days to 15 days prior to arrival – penalty of $100.00 per booking per night
- Within 14 days prior to arrival – all cancellations will result in a full cancellation penalty. Should you amend your reservation to reflect an alternative date; an amendment fee of $100.00 per booking per night will be applied
Give the gift of an unforgettably wild overnight experience at Taronga Western Plains Zoo! Online Gift Certificates are available for purchase to the value you nominate for Savannah Cabins.
COVID Safe information
Last updated Monday 10 May 2021
Taronga offers guests a unique opportunity to experience the outdoors and reconnect with wildlife. Next time you visit you may notice a few changes that ensure our sites remain COVID Safe for you, your family, our team and our animals.
Below are a few tips to make your next visit as safe, fun and enjoyable as possible!
If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and do not visit.
If you are directly affected by the latest NSW Health advice to self-isolate, your accommodation booking can be changed to an alternate date at no charge.
Following the most recent advice from NSW Health, Taronga has implemented the following additional measures to ensure our Zoos remain a low-risk environment for you and your family to enjoy.
Pre-book your visit: All tickets and member visits must be pre-booked online.
Bring your essentials upon arrival:
- Your e-ticket or booking confirmation
- Facemask (recommended, not mandatory)
- Personal hygiene kit (including sanitiser)
- Contactless payment method
- Water bottle
Check-in via the Service NSW App: Along with pre-booking your tickets, all visitors will also be asked to check in using the Service NSW app when you arrive on site. This includes all members of any family groups, including children.
Maintain social distancing: Staff and guests are required to maintain 1.5m physical distancing at all times where possible.
Guests are not permitted to visit Taronga’s Zoos in Sydney and Dubbo or stay overnight if it contravenes state or federal travel restrictions, border closures and public health orders relating to COVID-19. If you have been asked to self-isolate, please do not enter Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
If there is anything urgent that you need to discuss regarding your booking, please use the below contact details for accommodation at Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo: