Your Zoofari Experience
Nestled near our African savannah, Zoofari Lodge offers an unrivalled in-zoo safari experience. Stay in unique canvas lodges with access to our licensed restaurant, bar, lounge and saltwater swimming pool.
This wild escape is inclusive of:
- Two (2) day Zoo Admission
- One (1) night accommodation in a safari-style canvas lodge (Animal View or Bushland)
- Exclusive guided tours (Refer to itinerary)
- Dinner & Breakfast
- One (1) day Bicycle Hire (Included on second day)
- 10% Discount at the Zoo Shop and Cafes
Find out more about the Zoofari Lodge experience.
Zoofari offers two unique styles of lodges:
Animal View Lodges overlook a vast savannah where giraffes, zebras and rhinos roam.
Bushland Lodges are located in nearby native bush a short distance from our savannah viewing area.
All lodges are inclusive of bedding, linen and towels and feature private ensuites, mini bar, refrigerator, air-conditioning and tea & coffee facilities. Please note: To offer a tranquil escape, our lodges are not equipped with televisions or phones. Complimentary wifi is available at the Guest House.
Animal View Lodge
- Sleeps up to four people
- Includes a king bed (can be split into two singles) and a double sofa bed
- Shaded, furnished deck overlooking giraffes, zebras, rhinos and antelopes
Note: There is no view of the animals from the Bushland Lodges, however guests can walk a short distance to a common viewing area overlooking the savannah.
- Sleeps up to six people
- Includes queen bed, two singles and a sofa bed
- Shaded outdoor area with furniture
What to bring
All lodges are furnished with appropriate amenities for your stay, including bedding, linen, towels and bathroom amenities. Kindly note the below suggestions to ensure that you enjoy all aspects of the Zoofari experience.
Climate-appropriate clothing - Please be advised that overnight temperatures can be cold. Whilst we do provide necessary bedding, it may be advisable to bring additional warm clothing/blankets to ensure an enjoyable experience.
Enclosed shoes - Zoofari experiences may include walking in behind the scenes areas. Heels, sandals and thongs are not recommended. We recommend sturdy, closed-toed footwear.
Wet weather gear - Zoofari Lodge is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather
Arriving at Zoofari Lodge
Checking In - Guests are invited to check-in between 2pm and 3pm at the Zoofari Lodge Main House. If arriving before 2pm, Zoofari guests are more than welcome to explore the Zoo prior to check in. The Zoo is open from 9am (8.30am during NSW school holidays) and can be explored by car, bike, electric cart or on foot.
Vehicle Access - Zoofari Lodge vehicle access is via a dedicated entrance, accessed separately from the Zoo main gates. To drive to Zoofari, drive south-east along Obley Road, approximately 2km past the main Zoo entrance, and turn right into the accommodation gates (directly opposite Dundullimal Homestead). Use your dedicated PIN code (provided to you via email prior to your stay) and proceed through the auto gate to the Zoofari Carpark.
Location - Zoofari Lodge is located at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
View location on the Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo map - map reference K2.
Terms and conditions
- Full pre-payment is required at the time of booking for all reservations
- We accept payment via credit card only for online bookings
In the event of cancellation or amendment the following fees apply
- More than 30 days prior to arrival: Date amendments permitted. Full refund in the event of cancellation.
- Between 15 days and 30 days prior to arrival: Date amendments permitted. Penalty of $100.00 per booking per night in the event of cancellation.
- Less than 15 days prior to arrival: Cancellation will result in the full accommodation amount being charged.
Note: Our room rates vary between dates. In the event of a booking amendment, please be aware that guests are required to pay any difference in rate. If amended, reservations are non-refundable and non-amendable.
Terms of stay
- A valid photo identification and credit card is required to check in. A pre-authorisation of $100 per night will be processed on arrival.
- All accommodation areas are 100% non-smoking – penalties apply
- Zoofari Lodge is a licenced venue. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID.
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Zoofari Lodge programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand
- Zoofari Lodge is an all ages experience. Children are welcome. Cots may be hired for $20.
Give the gift of an unforgettably wild overnight experience at Taronga Western Plains Zoo! Online Gift Certificates are available for purchase to the value you nominate for Zoofari Lodge.