Taronga Western Plain's Zoo Adventures is a fun, educational holiday program for children aged between five and 12 years. Young Adventurers are taken on an exciting zoo journey, learning about animals and the environments they live in.
This unique school holiday program provides children with engaging experiences whilst being surrounded by the sights and sounds of the zoo and the animals that live here. Your children will be amazed and excited as they join in animal themed activities and meet the wonderful people who care for the animals that live at Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
Zoo Adventures runs during the NSW school holidays, except Summer.
OUR ZOO ADVENTURES WILL BE CELEBRATING NAIDOC WEEK OVER 3 FUN FILLED DAYS
Bookings are now open for our July school holiday program!!!
Come along Zoo Adventures & join our team in celebrating 2018 NAIDOC Week “Because of her, we can!” over 3 fun filled days these school holidays
This unique school holiday program provides children with engaging experiences whilst being surrounded by the sights and sounds of the zoo and the animals that live here. Your children will be amazed and excited as they join in NAIDOC themed activities and meet our friendly keepers who care for the animals that live at Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
Every Zoo Adventure day includes all of the following favourites:
- Interactive Animal Encounters – our Zoo Adventures guides and keepers will introduce you to some of their favourite animals through up close, educational animal encounters.
- Photo Keepsake – as part of our Zoo adventures package each Adventurer will take home a photo memento of their day at Taronga Western Plains Zoo with one of our amazing animals.
- Meet a Keeper Experience – a main highlight of the day, exploring the Zoo through the eyes of a keeper and learn how they look after the animals in their care. From tallest to shortest, biggest to smallest, from carnivores to piscivores & feathers & fur we have a new area of the Zoo to explore each day!
- Our knowledgeable keeper’s showcase the animals natural behaviours and impressive adaptations. These world-class shows are a favourite amongst the Adventurers!
- Interactive Playground and Exploration – leap like a Frog, swing like a Spider monkey, slither like a snake in our different interactive playground areas. Catering to all skill levels; let Zoo Adventurers explore their super powers!
- Daily Adventurers - experience new exciting challenges for a unique & thrilling Zoo Adventure!
- Professional, enthusiastic, fun loving staff to assist and enhance your Zoo Adventurers experience.
Frequently Asked Questions for Bookings:
How do I make a booking for Zoo Adventures?
Bookings will open approximately 2 weeks before the school holiday period. When bookings open, you'll find a booking form to download below. (Word document and PDF versions available). When bookings open a calendar of dates and themes will be found above. Choose a date that suits your Adventurer. Fill out the form and email to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be e-mailed a confirmation of their place as soon as possible.
Please be patient and do not send multiple copies of your form as this can lead to errors in the booking process. Our booking system isn't automated, and with Zoo Adventures being an extremely popular program with a high volume of applications it can take us approximately a week to confirm your spot.
What if I have a friend who wants to attend on the same day?
Due to health and safety reasons and to ensure your child has the best time possible, numbers are strictly limited. The best way for us to guarrantee the friend and child will be attending the same day is to submit a booking form with both children's names on the same form. This way they're processed at the same time and have a greater chance of being accepted together. There is space on the booking form for up to four children. If you have more names, you can simply fill out another booking form.
What if the day I want is booked out?
We're sorry but unfortunately if a date is booked out, we are unable to admit any other children due to strict Work Health and Safety reasons. We'll always get in touch with you to offer you another date if available.
We will update this page regularly to inform you as soon as possible if a date is filling up or booked out.
Can I come in with the kids on the day?
Sorry, 5-12 year olds only!
Parent's are welcome to visit the Zoo but you'll need to buy a ticket from admissions. Please note whilst you may occassionally see the kids when they're out on Zoo grounds, you won't be able to follow them while they're on the program as they also go to restricted the behind the scenes areas. This is also a matter of child safety.
Other options for parents while the kids attend Zoo Adventures are to visit the local shops and cafes, (there's even a few day spa's around the corner should you need a bit of relaxation!), or the National Park down the road. There's also a beach nearby if it's a sunny day!
Why do I have to wear a Zoo Advemtures shirt or vest?
The Zoo Adventures t-shirt &/or vest is a safety measure that is compulsory for all attendees. Taronga Western Plains Zoo can be a very busy place with thousands of visitors a day. The Zoo Adventures t-shirt &/or vests help our staff locate your child in a large crowd. It also helps our in-grounds staff recognise the group for permission to special behind the scenes and restricted areas. If your child does not wear their safety t-shirt &/or vest, they may not be allowed into the Zoo.
Are the kids guaranteed a set animal exerience on the day?
Unfortunately we are unable to guaranntee any set animal Meet a Keeper experiences or Zoo Adventure themed activities on any given day. Due to the ever-changing nature of the Zoo environment it is sometimes necessary to make last minute changes without warning. The above itinerary is maintained as rigorously as possible but is subject to change without notice. Taronga assumes no liability for changes without notice.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your Zoo Adventurer's at Taronga Western Plains Zoo!