Taronga Western Plain's Zoo Adventures is a fun, educational holiday program for children aged between 5 and 12 years. Young Adventurer's are taken on an exciting zoo journey, learning about animals and the environments they live in.
This unique school holiday program provides children with engaging experiences whilst being surrounded by the sights and sounds of the zoo and the animals that live here. Your children will be amazed and excited as they join in animal themed activities and meet the wonderful people who care for the animals that live at Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
Zoo Adventures runs during the NSW school holidays, except Summer.
ZOO ADVENTURES IS NOW CLOSED UNTIL THE 2018 EASTER HOLIDAYS
Every Zoo Adventure day includes all of the following favourites:
- Interactive Animal Encounters – our Zoo Adventures guides and keepers will introduce you to some of their favourite animals through up close, educational animal encounters.
- Meet a Keeper Experience – a main highlight of the day, our Adventurer’s explore the Zoo through the eyes of a keeper and learn how they look after the animals in their care. From tallest to shortest, biggest to smallest, from carnivores to omnivores & feathers and fur, we explore a new area of the Zoo each day!
- Interactive Playground and Exploration – leap like a lemur, swing like a gibbon, climb like a spider monkey, slither like a snake or roar like a lion in our different interactive playground areas. Catering to all skill levels; our Zoo Adventurers explore their super powers!
- Daily Missions and Engaging Activities– our Zoo Adventurers undertake exciting missions & challenges for a unique & thrilling Zoo Adventure!
- Professional, enthusiastic, fun loving staff to assist and enhance your Zoo Adventurers experience.
How to book:
To book Zoo Adventures please download, complete and return the booking form, from the download section. Bookings must be received one week prior to the first day your child plans to attend and payments must be received in advance.
$55.00 per child per day
$50.00 ZooFriends per child per day (A Photocopy of ZooFriends Membership must be provided with booking form).
What to bring:
- A packed lunch
- A hat
- Wet weather gear in case of rain
- Water bottle
- Enclosed shoes
- Painting Apron or old shirt for craft activities
- A light snack for morning tea; fruit and biscuits
- Water throughout the day
Where and When to Meet:
Zoo Adventures is held at Taronga Western Plains Zoo. Drop off and collection point is located at the Education Centre. Office hours are from 8.30am - 3.30pm.
Frequently Asked Questions for Bookings:
How do I make a booking for Zoo Adventures?
Bookings are NOW OPEN for this season. Please find the booking form to download below. Choose a date that suits your Adventurer. Fill out the form and email to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be e-mailed a confirmation of their place as soon as possible.
Please be patient and do not send multiple copies of your form as this can lead to errors in the booking process. Zoo Adventures is an extremely popular program and due to the high volume of applications we receive it can take us approximately a week to confirm your spot.
How much does it cost?
A day out as a Zoo Adventurer costs $55.00 per child per day ($50.00 for existing Zoo Friends) and includes zoo entry, fully supervised zoo activities from 8.30am – 3.30pm, transport in and around the zoo and morning tea.
What if I have a friend who wants to attend on the same day?
Due to health and safety reasons and to ensure your child has the best time possible, numbers are strictly limited. The best way for us to guarantee the friend and child will be attending the same day is to submit a booking form with both children's names on the same form. This way they're processed at the same time and they have a greater chance of being accepted together. There is space on the booking form for up to four children. If you have more names, you can simply fill out another booking form.
What if the day I want is booked out?
We're sorry but unfortunately if a date is booked out, we are unable to admit any other children due to strict Work Health and Safety reasons. We'll always get in touch with you to offer you another date if available.
We will update this page regularly to inform you as soon as possible if a date is filling up or booked out.
Can I come in with the kids on the day?
Sorry, 5-12 year olds only!
Parent's are welcome to visit the Zoo but you'll need to buy a ticket from admissions. Please note whilst you may occasionally see the kids when they're out on Zoo grounds, you won't be able to follow them while they're on the program as they also go to restricted ‘behind the scenes’ areas. This is also a matter of child safety.
Are the kids guaranteed a set animal experience on the day?
Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee any set animal Meet a Keeper experiences or Zoo Adventure themed activities on any given day. Due to the ever-changing nature of the Zoo environment it is sometimes necessary to make last minute changes without warning. The above itinerary is maintained as rigorously as possible but is subject to change without notice. Taronga assumes no liability for changes without notice.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your Zoo Adventurer's at Taronga Western Plains Zoo this school holidays!