Welcome to HATCH: Taronga Accelerator Program. HATCH aims to inspire, support and launch innovative ideas and actions to help address some of the most pressing environmental and conservation challenges currently facing our planet.
We are calling on innovators, thought leaders, disruptors, developers, passionate individuals and everyone in between to help develop and implement brilliant ideas for the planet.
One simple idea could change the future. The future starts today. What’s your brilliant idea?
Register your interest now to keep up to date on program information and be ready to submit your application in 2020.
- Applications open in 2020
- Successful finalist teams / individuals will take part in a three-month Accelerator program
- The Accelerator will include workshops delivered by subject matter experts to help you develop your brilliant idea and peer support from likeminded thought leaders
- At the end of the program finalists will pitch their initiative to a panel of experts
- One finalist will receive up to $50,000 funding to bring their brilliant idea to life
- Open to Australian citizens and residents only
- All applicants must be 18 years and over
- Teams can be a maximum of 5 people per team; individual applicants are welcome
- Initiatives must align to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to Taronga’s 360 degree approach to conservation
- Initiatives must be delivered in Australia to benefit/support the Australian environment
- Not for profit and social enterprise initiatives are welcomed; for profit initiatives are not eligible for this program
- If applying as an organisation, the organisation will likely have an annual revenue of less than $150,000
- All participants must comply with the Terms and Conditions associated with the HATCH Program
- All participants must comply with Taronga’s Code of Conduct
Header photo: Shunsuke Ono