See Sydney from new heights on Taronga Zoo Sydney’s exhilarating high ropes courses. Navigate suspension bridges, climbing walls, flying foxes and more against epic views of Sydney Harbour.
You’ll swing, step and climb right above the Zoo itself - look down and say hi to our cheeky koalas, emus and kangaroos at the Australian Walkabout along the way.
Our four adrenaline-fueled Wild Ropes courses are suitable for kids through to adults - just choose your challenge, strap on a helmet and harness, and get ready to climb.
Adult / Junior courses
- Adults and Juniors 8 – 17 years old
- Four different courses available
- Juniors must be over 140cm tall
- Juniors 8-13 require climbing adults at a ratio of 1:4
- Children 3 - 8 years old
- Two different courses available: Koala and Possum
- Children can take the courses as many times as they like during their one-hour session
- Corporate or school groups welcome
- Motivational and great for team building
- Catered lunch available
As an outdoor adventure activity, certain requirements must be met to ensure maximum safety and comfort for you and all our guests. Completing Wild Ropes requires agility, strength and endurance. As the activities undertaken on Wild Ropes involve some risks, it is the responsibility of all participants to ensure they are aware of and adhere to the below.
The following must be adhered to:
- Adult and Junior climbers must be a minimum of 140cm tall and 8 years old
- Children's course climbers must be at least 3 years old
- The maximum weight is 120kg
- A waiver form must be signed prior to participating by each individual participant
- Compulsory safety equipment must be worn at all times
- All shoes must be fully enclosed with rigid soles, no slip-on shoes or barefoot shoes (eg,Vibram Five Fingers) allowed
- No exposed skin from the ankle down
- Your waist should be covered and any piercings should be taped over or taken out
- Long hair must be tied back
- Glasses, including prescription glasses, may only be worn with a strap. Straps are available for purchase from the Wild Ropes arrivals desk
- Nothing can be taken onto the course, including phones, cameras, keys and coins. Free lockers are available for your convenience and on-course photography will be available for you to purchase
The equipment provided includes:
- Continuous belay system
- EcoTrack Pulley
A compulsory safety briefing will take place prior to your climb. If you miss this briefing, you will not be able to participate. Climbers will be allowed to access the courses once they have demonstrated an understanding of the safety briefing.
The activity is not recommended for pregnant women, people with back injuries, heart conditions or any injuries affecting mobility, strength and endurance
For your safety and to avoid damage to the Zoo surrounds please stay on the marked paths
Wild Ropes management reserves the right to expel any person who does not abide by the conditions of entry and safety rules. By failing to follow the instructions you may increase the risk to yourself and/or others.