Swing, step and climb right above the Zoo itself - look down and say hi to our cheeky koalas, emus and kangaroos at the Australian Walkabout along the way. The course can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, dependent on the package (and how afraid you are of heights!).
Our four adrenaline-fueled Wild Ropes courses are suitable for kids through to adults - just choose your challenge, strap on a helmet and harness, and get ready to climb!
Adult / Junior courses
- Adults (18+) and Juniors (8 - 17 years old)
- Four different courses available
- Juniors must be over 140cm tall
- Juniors (8 -13 years old) require climbing adults at a ratio of 1:4
- Children (3 - 8 years old)
- Two different courses available: Koala and Possum
- Children can take the courses as many times as they like during their one-hour session
- Harnessing and safety briefing included in one-hour session
Did you know that if you join as a Zoo Friend you can get a 20% discount on tickets to Wild Ropes?
Simply enter your promotional code found in your Zoo Friends Newsletter during your payment process to redeem your discount*.
*Not applicable for gift vouchers.
- Corporate or school groups welcome
- Motivational and great for team building
- Catered lunch available
- For groups of 20+
- For catered lunch, please contact the Taronga Centre by emailing email@example.com
Tame even the wildest students by tackling Wild Ropes! The challenge can be completed on its own or added to your same-day Zoo visit.
Suitable for groups of all sizes, and conveniently located just north of the city CBD, this 90 minutes of fun will see students build self-confidence, push their limits, create amazing bonds through constructive team work and gain a greater understanding and appreciation for outdoor activities, animals and nature.
This safe but adventurous activity includes all safety gear, and all participants are taken through a full safety briefing before starting the course, with instructors always on hand to guide and encourage.
How to book
Get in touch with the Education Admin team to book your school group today.
NOTE: Students under 8 years old and under 140cm tall will be climbing our Children's Courses. All participants must be wearing enclosed shoes. Participants must weigh less than 120kgs.
Make your next party wild and adventure-filled by tackling Wild Ropes together with your your closest friends and family. Celebrate with a day of thrills by downloading the birthday party invitations.
As an outdoor adventure activity, certain requirements must be met to ensure maximum safety and comfort for you and all our guests. Completing Wild Ropes requires agility, strength and endurance. As the activities undertaken on Wild Ropes involve some risks, it is the responsibility of all participants to ensure they are aware of and adhere to the below.
The following must be adhered to:
- Adult and Junior climbers must be a minimum of 140cm tall and 8 years old
- Children's course climbers must be at least 3 years old
- The maximum weight is 120kg
- A waiver form must be signed prior to participating by each individual participant
- Compulsory safety equipment must be worn at all times
- All shoes must be fully enclosed with rigid soles, no slip-on shoes or barefoot shoes (eg,Vibram Five Fingers) allowed
- No exposed skin from the ankle down
- Your waist should be covered and any piercings should be taped over or taken out
- Long hair must be tied back
- Glasses, including prescription glasses, may only be worn with a strap. Straps are available for purchase from the Wild Ropes arrivals desk
- Nothing can be taken onto the course, including phones, cameras, keys and coins. Free lockers are available for your convenience and on-course photography will be available for you to purchase
The equipment provided includes:
- Continuous belay system
- EcoTrack Pulley
A compulsory safety briefing will take place prior to your climb. If you miss this briefing, you will not be able to participate. Climbers will be allowed to access the courses once they have demonstrated an understanding of the safety briefing.
The activity is not recommended for pregnant women, people with back injuries, heart conditions or any injuries affecting mobility, strength and endurance
For your safety and to avoid damage to the Zoo surrounds please stay on the marked paths
Wild Ropes management reserves the right to expel any person who does not abide by the conditions of entry and safety rules. By failing to follow the instructions you may increase the risk to yourself and/or others.