Plan your visit
To help us ensure social distancing can effectively take place, Zoo Friends currently need to register their visit online using the link below prior to attending the Zoo. You’ll need your membership number to register, which you can find on your membership card, or in previous emails from us. You can register for all members of your membership group at once.
On site, you’ll also find some changes and protocols that will make your day at the Zoo just a little bit different to the normal experience.
What’s new at our Zoos
The African Savannah has arrived at Taronga Zoo Sydney! Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Northern Kenya as you experience this brand-new multi-species exhibit, and come eye-to-eye with an African Lion.
The Zoo’s newest precinct has something for every member of the family! Enjoy a stunning outdoor café, animal habitats and water play while you get up close to the Meerkat mob with a new interactive tunnel and pop up window.
Have you seen our seal-iously cute new arrival? Amalie, the Australian Sea-lion pup was born earlier this year to second time mum Nala. See the adorable youngster as she learns to swim and play, in Taronga’s Seal Bay.
To get the most out of your membership, be sure to familiarise yourself with our full list of member benefits! Check out some of our favourite perks and top tips:
- Travelling interstate? Zoo Friends receive reciprocal entry to interstate Zoos including Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Adelaide Zoo, Montaro Zoo and Perth Zoos! Please note that free child annual pass holder will be charged an entry fee at Perth Zoo, Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo (See the Terms and Conditions for full details)
- Half price parking: validate your ticket at the Zoo Friends Office or in shop in the Top Plaza and park for just $9 a day
- Priority seating: look for the marked yellow Zoo Friends seating in the front rows at our bird and seal shows
- Discounts on food, shops and more! Show your card when making purchases at cafes, eateries and shops across both Zoos, as well as at Wild Ropes to receive discounts of 10-20%
- Event pre-sales: keep your email address up to date to get discount codes and exclusive pre-sale access to some of our best events, including Twilight and New Years Eve!
Contributing to conservation
Did you know, that as Taronga is a not for profit, all proceeds from your Zoo Friends membership go back into a range of important conservation projects! From treating and rehabilitating animals in the Taronga Wildlife Hospitals to contributing to global outcomes through our range of conservation partnerships, your Zoo Friends membership is contributing to our mission of securing a shared future for people and wildlife.
To learn more about support your membership provides and how you’re being a champion For The Wild, check out the current conservation projects Taronga is contributing to, and stay up to date with the latest conservation news, including rehab stories from our Wildlife Hospitals!