Contributing to conservation
Did you know, that as Taronga is a not for profit, all proceeds from your Zoo Friends membership go back into a range of important conservation projects! From treating and rehabilitating animals in the Taronga Wildlife Hospitals to contributing to global outcomes through our range of conservation partnerships, your Zoo Friends membership is contributing to our mission of securing a shared future for people and wildlife.
To learn more about support your membership provides and how you’re being a champion For The Wild, check out the current conservation projects Taronga is contributing to, and stay up to date with the latest conservation news, including rehab stories from our Wildlife Hospitals!
What’s new at the Zoo
Taronga’s newest residents, five charismatic capybaras have arrived! Stop by and see the world’s largest rodent today!
Work is well underway on our ground-breaking Africa Savannah precinct, opening this summer. Track the latest updates here.
To get the most out of your membership, be sure to familiarise yourself with our full list of member benefits! Check out some of our favourite perks and top tips:
- Travelling interstate? Zoo Friends receive reciprocal entry to interstate Zoos including Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Adelaide Zoo, Montaro Zoo and Perth Zoos! Please note that free child annual pass holder will be charged an entry fee at Perth Zoo, Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo (See the Terms and Conditions for full details)
- Half price parking: validate your ticket at the Zoo Friends Office or in shop in the Top Plaza and park for just $9 a day
- Priority seating: look for the marked yellow Zoo Friends seating in the front rows at our bird and seal shows
- Discounts on food, shops and more! Show your card when making purchases at cafes, eateries and shops across both Zoos, as well as at Wild Ropes to receive discounts of 10-20%
- Event pre-sales: keep your email address up to date to get discount codes and exclusive pre-sale access to some of our best events, including Twilight and New Years Eve!