Here at Taronga, we aim to continually improve our animal habitats while striving to enhance the experience for our guests.
You might come across some construction work when you visit Taronga Zoo. Most of our 4,000 animals of 322 species can be seen as usual.
Closures & changes:
- Seal Shows will be replaced with a Seal Bay keeper talk between the 14th-15th August as important maintenance works take place within the Seal Show theatre.
- The Squirrel Monkeys will be off display and will be relocated to their new enclosure which will reopen in early August. The Squirrel Monkey Jungle walk will not be taking place.
- The Lemur Forest Adventure will be temporarily closed due to animal bonding time. The 2pm Lemur Keeper talk will not take place.
- The Tasmanian Devils will be off display as of July 24th, 2018 due to construction works within the vicinity. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Building a Better Zoo
To continually enrich your visits to the Zoo we need to invest in the future - we need to work on improving our animal habitats and deliver experiences that influence positive behaviour change to support the future of our wildlife. Click here for more information.
During this time, these animals cannot be seen:
- Male Red Kangaroos
- African Safari trail is closed – Bongo and Meerkats have been relocated to exciting new habitats. In the meantime, Barbary Sheep, Himalayan Tahr, Zebra and Fennec Fox cannot be seen.
We thank you for your understanding during these very exciting times and look forward to welcoming you back to our amazing new experiences in the future.