All tickets sold online are subject to the following terms and conditions and Taronga Conservation Society Australia’s (TCSA) general Terms and Conditions of Zoo Entry:
- Online tickets are valid for one use before the valid until date printed on the ticket.
- Online tickets are non-refundable unless as required by law.
- When your purchase is successful, you will receive an email with your tickets attached as a pdf file. To gain entry to the Zoo you must present your bar-coded tickets from the attached pdf. Entry will not be permitted without presentation of your bar-coded tickets. Your confirmation email receipt is not your bar-coded tickets and will not be accepted to gain entry.
- Maximum ticket quantity for online purchases is 11. For groups of 12 or more please contact our group sales team on 02 9969 2777.
- Online tickets may be purchased or redeemed using Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo approved discount or promotional offers.
- Where concession Senior or Student tickets have been purchased identification must be provided on arrival at the Zoo. View the identification cards eligible for concession tickets
- Child tickets are for ages 4 to 15 years (children under 4 enter for free)
- Ticket prices are in Australian dollars.
- The ticket holder agrees that by the purchase of a TCSA ticket the ticket holder has read all of these here in conditions and agrees unconditionally to be bound by these conditions.
- TCSA is committed to maintaining this site in full working order at all times, and providing the best service possible to its customers. However due to unforeseen circumstances the site may occasionally contain errors, become interrupted or not be able to provide specific results.
Zoo Friends - Annual Membership
- A Zoo Friends membership commences on the date of purchase and is only valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
- Zoo Friends memberships cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part-of a year.
- Any changes to memberships must be made within 30 days of purchase. Membership cancellations are at the discretion of the Zoo Friends Manager and all visits to Taronga and Taronga Western Plains Zoos will be deducted from any refund.
- Zoo Friends membership, including Transferable Guest Passes, are not available for corporate or commercial use, nor for clubs or groups and cannot be on sold separately in any circumstances (this includes the charging of any fee for the use of these passes). Any Zoo Friend members found to be in breach of these terms and conditions will have their membership cancelled.
- Any past, current or future Zoo Friends discounts, offers or promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other Zoo Friends discounts, offers or promotions. This includes upgrading a day ticket against a discounted online membership.
- Child Passes
- i. A Zoo Friend child member must reside in NSW or ACT to be eligible for FREE membership.
- ii. A Zoo Friends child member must be attached to an active Zoo Friends adult membership.
- iii. No more than two FREE child members per active adult or concession Zoo Friends membership.
- iv. A child member is any member aged 4 -15 years.
- v. Child (free or paid) memberships cannot be attached to a Transferable Guest Pass.
- vi. If more than 2 children are to be added to a primary adult member or concession, the additional child member(s) must buy a child annual pass.
- A valid Zoo Friends membership (including a valid Transferable Guest Pass) grants the listed members unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Taronga Zoo & Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
- Other Zoos.
- i. A valid adult or concession Zoo Friends membership enables you to visit Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Perth Zoo, and Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo.
- ii. A valid child (free or paid) Zoo Friends member may be charged an entry fee at Perth Zoo, and Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo.
- iii. A valid child (free or paid) Zoo Friends membership enables you to visit Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Zoo & Healesville Sanctuary.
- (Please note Zoos Vic, Zoos SA and Perth Zoo are separate entities and reserve the right to change terms and conditions)
- A Zoo Friends named membership card is non-transferable. All memberships, excluding Transferable Guest Passes, must include current member details, including first and last name, date of birth and a photograph of the member. Only the named person listed on Zoo Friends membership card may use it.
- Transferable Guest Passes:
- i. No more than two Transferable Guest Passes can be purchased per Zoo Friends membership.
- ii. Transferable Guest Passes may only be used by one person per visit per day to either Taronga or Taronga Western Plains zoos and are not valid at interstate zoos.
- To gain entry to Taronga and Taronga Western Plains zoos the member must present a valid and signed Zoo Friends membership card to Admissions staff.
- Renewal of a Zoo Friends membership which has exceeded its expiry date by a period of more than 6 months are subject to a joining fee in addition to the membership subscription.
- Zoo Friends with a current active membership are able to renew no more than 60 days in advance of the expiry of their membership.
- Child Pass ages:
- i. A free Zoo Friends child annual pass covers a single child aged 4-15yrs inclusive.
- ii. A paid Zoo Friends child annual pass covers a single child aged 4 – 15 years inclusive.
- Additional members may be added to a Zoo Friends membership, and are subject to the full applicable membership fee and will expire on the same date as the primary member.
- The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Zoo Friends membership are correct at all times.
- Visitors to Taronga Zoo or Taronga Western Plains Zoo choosing to upgrade to a membership from a day ticket are bound by the following terms:
- i. A valid Taronga entry receipt or Taronga day ticket must be presented at the time of purchase.
- ii. Only one admission amount can be discounted from each membership purchased, and at the price paid for the admission ticket.
- iii. Admissions must be of an equivalent or comparatively lesser value than the membership they are to be discounted from. For example, the maximum discount available for an adult membership is an adult admission fee.
- iv. If the total of admission ticket value exceeds the total membership value, Taronga will not refund the difference.
- v. Upgrades must be made within 14 days of date of ticket redemption.
- vi. Day tickets cannot be upgraded online and/or upgraded against the discounted online membership prices.
- vii. Third Party and discount entry tickets cannot be upgraded to a membership.
- Concession rate is available for members who meet certain criteria, to see a list of what is accepted, please visit taronga.org.au/sydney-zoo/visitor-information/rates-and-concessions
- To be eligible for Taronga Teacher’s Association (TTA) Membership members need to provide evidence of their profession, such as payslips or other documentation.
- A Zoo Friends membership is solely for the recreational enjoyment at the Zoos and cannot be used for entry for any commercial activity including product placement or news media reporting.
- Taronga Conservation Society reserves the right to change and determine member benefits, including discounts to Taronga retail shops and Taronga Zoo car park during a Zoo Friends membership including by giving you notice by email and by posting a notification on the Taronga Zoo website.
- A Zoo Friends member must abide at all times by the conditions of entry of Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
- The Zoo Friends team reserves the right to cancel a paid Zoo Friends membership without a refund upon breach of the Terms and Conditions above.
- If a membership card is lost there will be a $10 charge per card to a maximum of $20 for issuing a duplicate.
- To receive your exclusive parking discount at Taronga Zoo you will be required to validate your parking ticket either at the top Zoo Shop located in the main entry plaza or at the Zoo Friends office. Once your ticket has been validated you can pay at one of the automated pay machines in the car park or at the car park station. (Please note that you must validate your ticket before the Zoo closes, if your ticket has not been validated by that time you will be required to pay the full rate.).
- Membership privileges, terms and conditions may be amended or revoked at Zoo Friends' discretion by giving notice by email and by posting a notification on the Zoo Friends’ website.
- All Taronga Gift Vouchers are subject to the following terms and conditions and Taronga Conservation Society Australia’s (TCSA) general Terms and Conditions of Zoo Entry.
- Taronga Gift Vouchers are valid for one use before the valid until date printed on the ticket.
- Taronga Gift Vouchers are non-refundable unless as required by law.
- When your purchase is successful, you will receive an email confirmation of your purchase. Taronga Gift Vouchers for General Admission to the Zoo will be printed on the following Tuesday and posted out using Australia Post to the address provided at time of purchase. To gain entry to the Zoo, the recipient must present their valid Taronga Gift Voucher on arrival. Entry will not be permitted without presentation of the Taronga Gift Voucher within its validity period. Your confirmation email receipt is not your Taronga Gift Voucher and will not be accepted to gain entry. Taronga Gift Vouchers for our Accommodation experiences are processed by our Accommodation team and subject to additional terms and conditions. Read the Accommodation gift voucher terms and conditions
- Taronga Gift Voucher prices are in Australian dollars.
- The purchaser agrees that by completing the purchase of a Taronga Gift Voucher, they have read all of these here in conditions and agrees unconditionally to be bound by these conditions.
Dine & Discover NSW
$25 Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers are redeemable only until Thursday 30 June 2022.
To use your $25 Dine & Discover NSW Voucher to save $25 off at Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo, you must enter your unique code found in your Service NSW app under 'Vouchers' and by selecting one of your available vouchers.
$25 Dine & Discover NSW vouchers cannot be applied against tickets that have already been purchased during the validity period.
Read the full Terms & Conditions for Dine & Discover NSW on the Service NSW website.
$1 On Your Birthday
Offer Terms & Conditions
- Instructions on how to purchase and redeem the $1 on your Birthday Ticket Offer ($1 Birthday Ticket) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Ticket Holder agrees that by the purchase of a $1 Birthday Ticket, the Ticket Holder has read all of these conditions and agrees unconditionally to be bound by these conditions.
- The Promoter is Taronga Conservation Society Australia (ABN 41 733 619 876) of Bradleys Head Road, Mosman NSW 2088.
- Employees of the Promoter are ineligible to redeem this offer.
- A $1 Birthday Ticket can be purchased online up to 90 days in advance of your visit date/birthday date.
- To purchase, individuals must visit taronga.org.au/birthday and follow the prompts to buy a $1 Birthday Ticket online, for visiting either Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
- A $1 Birthday Ticket is only available to purchase online.
- When the purchase is successful, ticket holders will receive an email with the $1 Birthday Ticket and any additionally purchased tickets attached as a .PDF file. To gain entry to the Zoo, Ticket Holders must present the bar-coded tickets from the attached .PDF. Entry will not be permitted without presentation of these bar-coded tickets. The confirmation email receipt will not be accepted to gain entry.
- $1 Birthday Tickets are valid for use on the date of the ticket holder’s birthday only, as indicated via the ‘Visit Date’ when purchasing.
- To redeem, Ticket Holders must visit Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo on the day of their birthday (as stated on the ticket visit date and on their suitable ID), and present their $1 Birthday Ticket on arrival, along with a current and valid form of identification which clearly states the Ticket Holder’s birth. Guests who are born on 29 February can visit on any other day in February and guests born on 25 December can choose to visit on a different day in December.
- Accepted forms of identification are: birth certificates, states issued proof of age cards, driver’s licenses; and/or passports. Identification can be presented as either original or certified copies or scans, or photos of original/certified documents. Acceptance of additional forms of identification will be at the Promoter’s discretion.
- $1 Birthday Tickets are not valid in conjunction with upgrades to Taronga Zoo Friends Annual Pass Memberships.
- Taronga reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a $1 Birthday Ticket purchase (including the ticket holder’s identity, age, birth date) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse entry to any Ticket Holder who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the purchase or redemption process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Offer. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserved the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the promotion.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the $1 Birthday Ticket are not included.
- $1 Birthday Tickets are non-refundable, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All additional full-priced individual tickets purchased along with the $1 Birthday Ticket are purchased in accordance with Taronga’s online ticket purchase Terms and Conditions.
- Additional full-priced tickets purchased along with the $1 Birthday Ticket are non-refundable.
- If this Offer is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserved the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Ticket Holder; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Offer, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Taronga website to purchase $1 Birthday Tickets is the Ticket Holder’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the states and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any purchase that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Prompter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in purchase value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Ticket Holder; or (f) use of the $1 Birthday ticket at Taronga’s Zoos.
- During the purchase process the Promoter collects personal information. The Promoter will use and handle personal information as set out in its Privacy Statement, which can be viewed at https://taronga.org.au/about/privacyThe Privacy Statement also contains information about how Ticket Holders may opt out, access, update or correct their personal information, raise a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principals or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter will not disclose the Ticket Holder’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia.