Zoos and aquariums now play an important role in conservation, scientific research, education, and connecting people with nature. With a unique relationship to their communities, zoos have the opportunity to influence visitors, the wider population and governing authorities.
Many aspects of behind-the-scenes zoo work are being brought into sight to promote a culture of conservation and positive behaviour change in the broader community.
In this workshop, participants examine and discuss the ethics and implications of practices in today’s zoos as well as future directions.
- 100 years the wiser - Wildlife conservation has come a long way in 100 years since Taronga Zoo Sydney first opened. Join us on a journey to revisit some of our most significant milestones
- More than just a great day - We are proud to be a multi-award winning tourist destination, but we are also much, much more! Learn about our world class conservation science, research and education programs
- Zoos of the future - What will zoos be like in 100 years? Discuss the key issues and controversies facing zoos today and how our role will continue to evolve into the future
Availability: 9:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday, 90 minutes in duration.
Pricing: $250 per workshop plus $28.20 per student. Includes zoo admission and 1 coordinator free per 10 students.
- Recommended group size is 12-30 students
- All courses are currently only being offered at our Taronga Zoo Sydney location
- Taronga is a not-for-profit organisation. Your payment goes towards our work for wildlife and conservation here and around the world