We're working towards a positive future for wildlife. We understand there is never a good time to build a better Zoo, however the work we are investing in is to improve our animal habitats and deliver experiences that influence positive behaviour change to support the future of our wildlife.
You may come across some construction work when you visit Taronga Zoo Sydney, so we have listed any upcoming disruptions below. Most of our animals can be seen as usual, and we can also assure you that there is still plenty to see and do.
- From Thursday 15 August until Wednesday 21 August 2019 Penguin Encounters will not take place due to exhibit cleaning. Please visit our friendly staff at the top plaza retail shop for other exciting animal encounter opportunities
- Due to some important works taking place in our Great Southern Oceans precinct, there will be changes to pedestrian access along our seal bay boardwalks on Monday 19 August. Please look out for signs or download our free Taronga Zoo App for daily updates
- Due to important cleaning, seals will not be on display in the Seal Bay Exhibit between Monday 2 September – Wednesday 4 September 2019. You can still catch our seals at our FREE 11am and 2pm seal show. We look forward to seeing you there!
- An exciting new exhibit is underway next to our Forest Adventure playground (Map ref. 9I). Works will begin Monday 13 May and continue until late September. During this time, the playground will remain open to guests to enjoy with their families. We appreciate your patience whilst we prepare the exhibit, and cannot wait to introduce you to a new animal family!
- The Tasmanian Devil exhibit is currently closed until further notice due to construction works nearby. You can still get up close to a Tasmanian Devil in our Nocturnal House (Map ref. 5J)
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Coming soon: Savannah
If you're visiting over Summer, you may notice that a lot is changing at the Zoo. That's because we're creating a new African adventure, Savannah.
Among the animals that will call Savannah home are African Lions, Fennec Foxes, Zebra, Giraffe and Meerkats. Be inspired by wildlife, stories and songs from the vast Savannah grasslands when our new adventure opens.
The Savannah is a part of our 10 year Centenary capital revitalisation plan that began with the opening of Tiger Trek, a world-class, immersive wildlife experience aimed at educating and inspiring guests to help make a positive difference for critically endangered wildlife.