Taronga Zoo reserves the right to limit or prevent admission to ensure public safety, refuse entry to any person, require any person to leave the zoo immediately, confiscate an object; and modify at any time the Conditions of Entry set out below.
- Exhibits at Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo are designed to complement the animals and vegetation in our collection. Free-roaming animals, moats and elevated walkways, for example, can be dangerous. Children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times. It is an express condition of your entry and your participation in the activities conducted by the Zoos that you do hereby, for yourself, your heirs, executors, assigns and next-of-kin and each of them release, waive and discharge the Taronga Conservation Society Australia its officers, directors, agents and employees of and from all liability, claims or demands for all injuries, losses, damages of any kind or nature to your person or property or to that of any minor under your supervision, while on the property of Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Dubbo.
- Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Dubbo will enforce conditions of entry as per its authority under the Zoological Parks Regulation 2019.
- A guest is any person or persons on the grounds of Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo by virtue of a ticket or for any other reason.
- A guest must enter via a public entrance and, where applicable, pay the entrance fee and car parking fee.
- A guest is not permitted to bring into the Zoo any animal; ball; balloon; bicycle (Taronga Zoo Sydney), scooter, skateboard, roller blades or similar apparatus; alcohol or illegal substance.
- A guest is not permitted to wear an animal costume, dress or behave in a way or possess an object that is likely to cause disruption, nuisance or offence to other persons at the Zoo.
- A guest is not permitted to use any audio equipment or musical instrument at a volume likely to disturb any animal; or behave in a manner that is likely to cause offence or disruption to other guests.
- A guest is not permitted to take photographs or recordings, conduct filming or make artwork for public display, for commercial purposes or for inappropriate use without prior approval.
- A guest is not permitted to film, take photographs or record in any way Taronga staff for commercial purposes without prior approval.
- A guest is not permitted to touch or interfere with any animal or vegetation; remove or disturb any rock, stone, sand or similar substance; feed any animal; throw any object; climb on, damage or deface any structure or sign; light any fire; or litter.
- A guest is not permitted to enter or remain ingrounds outside public hours or enter any non-public area or exhibit.
- All guests must abide with any other conditions displayed in Zoo grounds or communicated by Zoo staff.
- Taronga has the authority to close Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Dubbo or any part thereof, including any animal exhibit (animals off display) or presentation, at any time for reasons of adverse weather, equipment failure, maintenance and construction, or in the interests of safety and will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred
by a guest as the result of such closure.
- Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo is a smoke-free site. Smoking, vaping and the use of any electronic device that simulates tobacco smoking is prohibited in all zoo buildings, vehicles and outdoor areas. Guests who do not comply will be denied entry or removed.
- There will be no refunds or rain checks due to inclement weather or animals resting or animals sleeping.
- For health and safety reasons, guests must wear shoes at all times.
Taronga Zoo Sydney is a designated quarantine site under section 46A of the Australian Federal Quarantine Act 1908. A guest is not permitted to bring any animal into the Zoo.
For information on assistance animals please refer to https://taronga.org.au/sydney-zoo/accessibility