Run Wild in the 2019 City2Surf and support Australia’s majestic marine turtles.
Join team Taronga in the 2019 City2Surf and go turtle-y wild to help make a difference for the majestic marine turtle!
Australia is famously gurt by sea, but our stunning oceans are increasingly under threat. Rising sea temperatures, plastic pollution and overfishing are affecting our wildlife. Six of the world’s seven species of marine turtles are found in Australian waters and two are now on the critically endangered list. Unless we act right now, we could soon lose one of Australia’s most ancient and remarkable marine species. Marine turtles are a vital species in the maintenance of a healthy ocean.
By joining Team Taronga in City2Surf 2019 on Sunday 11th August you can help raise awareness and vital funds to support Taronga’s wildlife conservation projects to save these beautiful species. Keep track of the team's progress via the Taronga fundraising leaderboard.
Make your run count by joining Team Taronga in the 2019 City2Surf and help ensure a thriving future for our oceans!
Grab your friends and get your runners on!
By joining Team Taronga, you'll also enjoy great Team Taronga prizes as you reach each of the below fundraising targets:
Wild Crew: $50
- Receive a special Wild Squad pin for the first $50 your raise!
Team Taronga: $100
- Receive a special Team Taronga shirt and cap to get you race ready when you hit this target.
Wild Champion - Just Keep Swimming: $250
- Receive a family day pass to Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo to keep you focused on your conservation mission.
Turtle-y Wild Warrior: $500
- Receive a turtle plush & Taronga water bottle when you hit this target
Ocean Defender “Refuse Single Use”: $750
- We’ll send you a special Litter Free Oceans prize pack, containing a reusable shopping bag, coffee cup and drinking straws.
Eco Warrior: $1,000
- Receive an exclusive Behind the Scenes animal experience, including day entry to Taronga Zoo for up to 8 people.
So make your run count by joining Team Taronga in the 2019 Sun-Herald City2Surf and help ensure a thriving future for our oceans!