About the program
This program will take you to places not seen by the general public and show you a whole new side to Taronga. As part of a small group of up to 4 people, you will be assigned to one of our experienced senior keepers, who will be your host for the day. Participants will get to go behind the scenes to meet the animals and and be involved in tasks such as devising enrichment activities, food preparation and more*.
Each day is different; you never know what you'll end up doing!
*Participant activities are subject to change in-line with COVID Safe procedures and social distancing to ensure the health and safety of our staff, guests and animals.
What to bring
Keeper for a Day includes morning tea and your own 'Keeper for a Day' t-shirt. Lunch and afternoon tea is not supplied. Food can be purchased on the day but it is strongly recommended that guests bring their lunch to avoid lunchtime crowds. Appropriate food storage and refrigeration is provided.
Keeper for a Day participants should bring:
- Comfortable clothing suitable for wearing outdoors, which may get dirty
- Protective, closed footwear
- Refillable water bottle
- Weather appropriate clothing (rain jacket, hat, sunglasses etc.)
Keeper for a Day is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather. Taronga reserves the right to cancel the Keeper for a Day Program at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or in the event of severe weather. In the unlikely chance that this situation should occur, Taronga will contact you prior to your participation date.
View the available dates for 2020.
|Saturday 15 August 2020||Fully booked!|
|Wednesday 26 August 2020||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 29 August 2020||Fully booked!|
|Saturday 12 September 2020||Available|
|Wednesday 23 September 2020||Available|
|Wednesday 30 September 2020||Available|
|Saturday 3 October 2020||Available|
|Wednesday 7 October 2020||Available|
|Saturday 10 October 2020||Available|
Please ensure to read the full conditions before making your booking.
I understand, agree and accept that in participating in the Keeper For a Day Program I comply with the following:
- The Keeper for a Day program requires a moderate level of fitness and good mobility
- The Keeper for a Day program is an all-weather experience and will ordinarily proceed in the event of inclement weather
- I may be entering an environment housing animals which involves a degree of unpredictability and therefore risk of serious injury occurring
- my participation is at my own risk and without any liability attached to the Taronga Conservation Society Australia, including any injury to my person or damage to my property
- I will take direction from my Keeper Host regarding photographs and video taken on any device, and understand that some photos may be restricted from social media platforms
- I will take direction from my Keeper Host to comply with Taronga’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
- I will not attend my scheduled program if I feel unwell or have flu like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath) and acknowledge that I will be excluded from the program and Taronga Zoo if I attend when unwell or with flu like symptoms
- Bookings are non-refundable but can be rescheduled or transferred in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Taronga
- Program activities and schedules are subject to change without notice
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel the Keeper for a Day Program at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or in the event of severe weather. In the unlikely event that this situation occurs, Taronga will contact me as soon as practicable to notify me and reschedule my booking;
- Taronga cannot guarantee a nut-free environment (please contact us for further information)
- To redeem the Zoo Friends Keeper For a Day Discount, I must be a current Zoo Friend. This offer is non-transferrable. My membership number will be verified in the application process and if my membership does not exist or is expired, I will be charged the full price of $350 per person
- Gift Vouchers expire within 3 years of the issue date. Both the receipt Number and recipient name need to be provided to redeem the voucher