About the program
Keeper for a Day is an amazing experience that takes you behind the scenes into the daily lives of our keepers and gives you an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get close to some of our most popular animals!
This program will take you to places not seen by the general public and show you a whole new side to Taronga. As part of a small group of up to 6 people, you will be assigned to one of our experienced senior keepers, who will be your host for the day. Participants may try their hand at tasks such as preparing food and devising enrichment activities, cleaning enclosures or feeding and meeting some of our animals. Each day is different; you never know what you'll end up doing!
Please be aware that while we do our best, schedules and activities are subject to change and no specific activities and/or animal encounters can be guaranteed. Please also note that the program must have a minimum of 3 people booked in to proceed. If we have insufficient bookings we'll contact you the week before to organise another date that suits you.
What to bring
Keeper for a Day includes morning tea and your own 'Keeper for a Day' t-shirt. Lunch and afternoon tea is not supplied. Food can be purchased on the day but it is strongly recommended that guests bring their lunch to avoid lunchtime crowds. Appropriate food storage and refrigeration is provided.
Keeper for a Day participants should bring:
- Comfortable clothing suitable for wearing outdoors, which may get dirty
- Protective, closed footwear
- Refillable water bottle
- Weather appropriate clothing (rain jacket, hat, sunglasses etc.)
Keeper for a Day runs on select Wednesdays and Saturdays. Dates available for booking are below. If you are unsure of which date you would like to visit or are booking on behalf of someone else, Gift Certificates are available and are valid for 12 months.
|Wednesday 10 July 2019||Available|
|Wednesday 17 July 2019||Available|
|Saturday 20 July 2019||Available|
|Wednesday 24 July 2019||Available|
|Saturday 27 July 2019||Available|
|Wednesday 31 July 2019||Available|
|Saturday 3 August 2019||Available|
- Bookings are non-refundable but can be rescheduled or transferred in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Taronga
- The program must have a minimum of 3 people booked in to proceed. If we have insufficient bookings we'll contact you the week before to organise another date that suits you
- Activities and schedules are subject to change without notice
- Taronga cannot guarantee a nut-free environment, please contact us for further information
- This program requires a decent level of health and fitness, with participants completing approximately 15,000 steps on their visit