- Take in the breathtaking views over Sydney’s iconic Harbour and enjoy welcome canapés and beverages as you arrive
- Embark on a captivating Night Safari through the Zoo, guided by our expert Zoo Keepers who will unveil stories of Taronga’s residents after dark
- Delight in harbour-side dining with our delectable dinner and breakfast, included in your stay
- Settle into your cosy safari-style tent overlooking Sydney Harbour and drift away to the soothing sounds of nature
- Experience a range of memorable and intimate animal encounters and meet some of Taronga’s iconic residents, big and small
- Enjoy complimentary admission to the Zoo the following day, giving you the freedom to explore every corner of the Zoo
Roar and Snore offers an extra special accommodation experience. Secretly nestled in the grounds of Taronga Zoo, safari-style tents are spread out in a nature-filled campsite with views of the harbour and Sydney’s city scape. Settle into your cosy tent overlooking the city lights and drift away to the soothing sounds of nature. Each tent offers comfy bedding, electricity and can sleep up to four people.
Adventure into the Zoo after hours, savour delicious food and beverages and sleep in cosy safari-style tents. Your Roar and Snore experience includes 1-day Zoo admission, your accommodation, drinks and canapes on arrival, guided tours, behind-the-scenes experiences, retail discounts, complimentary parking and more.
Throughout the year, Roar and Snore hosts special events including our roving Wine Safari, New Years Eve, Festive Winter and more. Check back for upcoming dates and events or contact us for more info.
Purchase a gift voucher and give the ultimate experience, discover more Taronga accommodation options and check out our Roar and Snore gallery.
What do I pack for Roar and Snore?
We suggest packing wet weather gear and warm clothing, toiletries (you don't need to bring linen and towels - these are provided!), cameras and phone charger, comfortable walking shoes and a refillable water bottle. Closed-toe shoes are a requirement for participating in encounters, please ensure you bring these with you.
What do I wear to Roar and Snore?
To be as comfortable as possible, we recommend wearing enclosed walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
Is food included in my Roar and Snore ticket?
Canapes, a buffet dinner and buffet breakfast is included in your stay. A variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee are also included. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises.
Do I have to pay for a Zoo ticket if I want to visit the Zoo?
Your Roar and Snore stay includes full day entry to the Zoo after your stay. Guests are free to spend the rest of the day in the Zoo, Roar and Snore concludes at 9.30am
Can I smoke at Roar and Snore?
Roar and Snore is a non-smoking location/event.
How many people can sleep in one tent at Roar and Snore?
Each tent sleeps a maximum of 4 people, Bedding configuration is a double bed and single bed. A rollaway can be provided for an additional person. It is recommended a maximum of 2 adults per tent.
Can I bring alcohol to Roar and Snore?
A variety of wine and beers will be available. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises.
Terms and Conditions
- Roar and Snore is an all-weather program – please bring wet-weather gear if required
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable.
- Roar and Snore is a non-smoking event
- Due to the wide-ranging itinerary and landscape of the Taronga zoo site, all children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend. You may be requested to provide proof of age if your child does not look to be of age 5
- A variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee at the site and with your meal. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Roar and Snore programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand