Embark on a one-of-a-kind overnight adventure with a breathtaking view of the spectacular Sydney Harbour and extraordinary animal experiences at Roar and Snore.
Whether you’re planning a family holiday with a wild twist, a unique date night or a memorable staycation, Roar and Snore Guarantees an unforgettable experience right in the hear of Taronga Zoo Sydney.
Adventure into the Zoo after-hours, savour delicious food and beverages, retreat to your cosy safari tent and drift off to sleep to the soundtrack of wildlife that surrounds you.
The Roar and Snore Experience
Take in the breathtaking views over Sydney’s iconic Harbour and enjoy welcome canapés and beverages as you arrive to the harbour-side campsite nestled in the heart of the zoo.
Embark on a captivating Night Safari through the Zoo, guided by our expert Zoo Keepers who will unveil stories of Taronga’s residents after dark
Delight in a harbour-side dining with our delectable dinner and breakfast, included in your stay.
Settle into your cosy safari-style tent overlooking Sydney Harbour and drift away to the soothing sympathy of nature.
Experience a range of memorable animal encounters and meet some of Taronga’s iconic residents, big and small.
Make the most of your adventure by enjoying complimentary admission to the Zoo the following day, giving you the freedom to explore every corner of the Zoo.
Roar and Snore Wine Safari Experience – NEW!
What could be better than sipping wine under the stars and waking up to the sounds of wildlife.
Our NEW Roar and Snore Wine Safari is your exclusive opportunity to explore the Zoo after-hours, indulge in exquisite wines and canapés on our roving tasting guided by an award-winning sommelier and stay overnight in safari tent overlooking the magical Sydney Harbour.
Roar and Snore Wine Safari adult-only nights:
- Wednesday 29 November
- Wednesday 13 December
Limited tents available, secure your spot today!
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes - Taronga Zoo’s landscape is varied and your experience will include walking and participating in behind the scenes encounters. Heels, sandals and thongs are not recommended for the walking part of the experience.
- NOTE: To keep our guests safe, refusal to participate in some behind the scenes encounters may occur without sturdy, closed-toed footwear
- Wet weather gear - Roar and Snore is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather
- Toiletries - The Roar and Snore campsite has shower and bathroom facilities
Roar and Snore is nestled in the grounds of Taronga Zoo, with stunning views of Sydney Harbour - the perfect place to watch the sun set behind the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House!
Guests are welcome to arrive by car, bus or ferry. Taronga Zoo Sydney is a short 12 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay. Complimentary parking in Taronga’s multi-storey car park is provided for all Roar and Snore guests.
On the night of your Roar and Snore adventure, your hosts will meet you at the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance. Check-in commences from 5:30pm with the program kicking off at 6:15pm.
Terms and conditions
Read the full Terms & Conditions for Roar and Snore
- Roar and Snore is an all-weather program – please bring wet-weather gear if required
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable.
- Roar and Snore is a non-smoking event
- Due to the wide-ranging itinerary and landscape of the Taronga zoo site, all children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend. You may be requested to provide proof of age if your child does not look to be of age 5
- A variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee at the site and with your meal. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Roar and Snore programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand