What to expect
- Take in the spectacular sight of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the evening as you drink and dine at the Roar and Snore heated harbour-side campsite
- Get up close to some of Taronga Zoo Sydney's friendliest residents
- Dine in style at our buffet dinner and breakfast featuring a delicious and hearty new winter menu
- Experience an exclusive Taronga night safari led by passionate keepers and guides, with the chance to see our adorable Sumatran Tiger, Red Panda and Sea Lion pups
- Unwind in our comfortable safari-style tents. Our beds feature electric blankets so you can return after your night safari to a warm, cosy bed, falling asleep to the sounds of the Zoo
- Join in feeding time and close encounter sessions where you will form a special bond with our animals
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes - Taronga Zoo’s landscape is varied and your experience will include walking. Heels, sandals and thongs are not recommended
- Wet weather gear - Roar and Snore is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather
- Toiletries - The Roar and Snore campsite has shower and bathroom facilities
On the night of your Roar and Snore adventure, your host will meet you at the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance at 6.15 pm.
Guests are welcome to arrive by car, bus or ferry. Taronga Zoo Sydney is a short 12 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay.
Gift vouchers can be purchased by phoning our office Monday - Friday on 02 9978 4791. We offer credit vouchers where an exact value can be added onto the voucher, which is then redeemed for a Roar and Snore booking. The ‘Peak Holiday’ Gift Voucher is the premium voucher we offer, which can be redeemed for any R&S of the year (excluding special event nights). We email the voucher to you in a PDF format within 24 hours of purchase. All gift vouchers have a 3 year expiry.
Terms and conditions
- Roar and Snore is an all-weather program – Please bring wet-weather gear if required
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable.
- Roar and Snore is a non-smoking event
- All children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend
- A minimum amount of complimentary drinks are provided to enjoy with your meal. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID.