Taronga Zoo is a COVID Safe site.
Next time you visit you may notice a few changes that ensure our sites remain COVID Safe for all our guests, staff and animals.
Read more about the changes keeping you safe.
Your Roar and Snore experience
- Take in the spectacular sight of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the evening as you enjoy canapés and beverages (a variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee) upon arrival to the harbour-side campsite
- Get up close to some of Taronga Zoo Sydney's friendliest residents
- Dine in style at our delicious dinner and breakfast
- Experience an exclusive Taronga night safari led by passionate keepers and guides, with the chance to see some of Taronga's favourite animals
- Unwind in our comfortable safari-style tents, falling asleep to the sounds of the Zoo
- Join feeding time and close encounter sessions where you will form a special bond with our animals
- Enjoy spending the following day exploring the zoo in your own time with complimentary admission included with your booking
To find out more, download a sample itinerary for your Roar and Snore experience. Note: sample itinerary only - to keep COVID Safe, we have modified our Roar and Snore experience to safely deliver the ultimate Zoo sleepover.
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes - Taronga Zoo’s landscape is varied and your experience will include walking and participating in behind the scenes encounters. Heels, sandals and thongs are not recommended for the walking part of the experience.
- NOTE: To keep our guests safe, refusal to participate in some behind the scenes encounters may occur without sturdy, closed-toed footwear
- Wet weather gear - Roar and Snore is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather
- Toiletries - The Roar and Snore campsite has shower and bathroom facilities
On the night of your Roar and Snore adventure, your hosts will meet you at the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance. Check-in commences from 5:30pm with the program kicking off at 6:15pm.
Guests are welcome to arrive by car, bus or ferry. Taronga Zoo Sydney is a short 12 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay. Complimentary parking in Taronga’s multi-storey car park is provided for all Roar and Snore guests.
Terms and conditions
- Roar and Snore is an all-weather program – please bring wet-weather gear if required
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable. Please note, if you are unwell with cold or flu symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, we ask you to please stay home and do not visit. In these cases, your accommodation booking can be changed to an alternate date at no charge
- Roar and Snore is a non-smoking event
- Due to the wide-ranging itinerary and landscape of the Taronga zoo site, all children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend. You may be requested to provide proof of age if your child does not look to be of age 5
- A variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee at the site and with your meal. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Roar and Snore programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand
COVID Safe information
Last updated Monday 10 May 2021
Taronga offers guests a unique opportunity to experience the outdoors and reconnect with wildlife. Next time you visit you may notice a few changes that ensure our sites remain COVID Safe for you, your family, our team and our animals.
Below are a few tips to make your next visit as safe, fun and enjoyable as possible!
If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and do not visit.
If you are directly affected by the latest NSW Health advice to self-isolate, your accommodation booking can be changed to an alternate date at no charge.
Following the most recent advice from NSW Health, Taronga has implemented the following additional measures to ensure our Zoos remain a low-risk environment for you and your family to enjoy.
Wearing face masks (Taronga Zoo Sydney only): Whilst masks are no longer mandatory indoors following the latest NSW Health advice, we do recommend you bring a mask when you visit. Our staff will continue to wear masks to keep you safe.
Pre-book your visit: All tickets and member visits must be pre-booked online.
Bring your essentials upon arrival:
- Your e-ticket or booking confirmation
- Facemask (recommended, not mandatory)
- Personal hygiene kit (including sanitiser)
- Contactless payment method
- Water bottle
Check-in via the Service NSW App: Along with pre-booking your tickets, all visitors will also be asked to check in using the Service NSW app when you arrive on site. This includes all members of any family groups, including children.
Maintain social distancing: Staff and guests are required to maintain 1.5m physical distancing at all times where possible.
Guests are not permitted to visit Taronga’s Zoos in Sydney and Dubbo or stay overnight if it contravenes state or federal travel restrictions, border closures and public health orders relating to COVID-19. If you have been asked to self-isolate, please do not enter Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
If there is anything urgent that you need to discuss regarding your booking, please use the below contact details for accommodation at Taronga Zoo Sydney or Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo: