Your Roar and Snore experience
- Take in the spectacular sight of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the evening as you enjoy canapés and beverages (a variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee) upon arrival to the harbour-side campsite.
- Get up close to some of Taronga Zoo Sydney's friendliest residents
- Dine in style at our delicious buffet dinner and breakfast
- Experience an exclusive Taronga night safari led by passionate keepers and guides, with the chance to see some of Taronga's favourite animals
- Unwind in our comfortable safari-style tents, falling asleep to the sounds of the Zoo
- Join in feeding time and close encounter sessions where you will form a special bond with our animals
- Enjoy spending the following day exploring the zoo in your own time with complimentary admission included with your booking
To find out more, download a sample itinerary for your Roar and Snore experience.
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes - Taronga Zoo’s landscape is varied and your experience will include walking. Heels, sandals and thongs are not recommended
- Wet weather gear - Roar and Snore is an all-weather experience so please come prepared for any inclement weather
- Toiletries - The Roar and Snore campsite has shower and bathroom facilities
On the night of your Roar and Snore adventure, your hosts will meet you at the Taronga Zoo Sydney main entrance. Check-in commences from 5:30pm with the program kicking off at 6:15pm.
Guests are welcome to arrive by car, bus or ferry. Taronga Zoo Sydney is a short 12 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay. Complimentary parking in Taronga’s multi-storey car park is provided for all Roar and Snore guests.
New Years Eve
Spend the last of 2019 here at Taronga with one of the best views of the Sydney Harbour fireworks. With extra special inclusions, this package is one you don’t want to miss out on! Bookings for New Years Eve can be made by calling our Reservations team on +612 9978 4791. Download our NYE flyer for more information.
Gift vouchers can be purchased by phoning our office Monday - Sunday on 02 9978 4791. We offer credit vouchers where an exact value can be added onto the voucher, which is then redeemed for a Roar and Snore booking. The ‘Peak Holiday’ Gift Voucher is the premium voucher we offer, which can be redeemed for any R&S of the year (excluding special event nights). We email the voucher to you in a PDF format within 24 hours of purchase. All gift vouchers have a 3 year expiry. Gift Voucher purchases are non-refundable.
Terms and conditions
- Roar and Snore is an all-weather program – Please bring wet-weather gear if required
- A valid photo identification matching the name on your Roar and Snore reservation is required to check in for the program
- All Roar and Snore bookings are final. Cancellations and date changes are not possible. Payments are non-refundable.
- Roar and Snore is a non-smoking event
- All children must be a minimum of 5 years old to attend
- A variety of beers, wines, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee at the site and with your meal. No additional alcohol may be brought onto the Zoo premises. Guests must be 18 years or over to be served alcohol and must carry a valid ID
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel Roar and Snore programs at any time due to unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters or insufficient demand