This program is a partnership between Observatory Hill EEC and Taronga Zoo Sydney Education Centre and focuses on the Stage 6 Geography topic ‘People and Economic Activity‘.
This full day program is only available at Taronga Zoo Sydney. See below for further information.
- Wednesday 19 February 2020
- Thursday 19 March 2020
- Friday 15 May 2020
- Wednesday 17 June 2020
- Tuesday 28 July 2020
- Tuesday 1 September 2020
- Wednesday 25 November 2020
This program involves:
- An introductory presentation at the Taronga Institute of Science and Learning on the global tourism industry, including an explanation of the factors which explain the location, spatial patterns and future directions of the tourism industry
- A case study of Taronga Zoo Sydney as an example of an Economic Enterprise within the Tourism Industry. Taronga educators will provide information on the nature of the Zoo as an economic enterprise, ecological dimensions (including impacts on the environment and ecological sustainability), linkages and flows of people, goods, services and ideas, and the effects of global changes on the Zoo’s operations
- A guided ‘behind the scenes’ tour of Taronga Zoo Sydney to observe aspects of the Zoo’s operations, particularly its initiatives to reduce ecological impacts and various aspects of the Zoo’s tourism infrastructure like, food and beverage outlets, accommodation, and the Function Centre
Students will have free time at the end of the program to explore Taronga Zoo Sydney at their own pace.