Plan your visit
To help us ensure social distancing can effectively take place, Zoo Friends currently need to register their visit online using the link below prior to attending the Zoo. You’ll need your membership number to register, which you can find on your membership card, or in previous emails from us. You can register for all members of your membership group at once.
On site, you’ll also find some changes and protocols that will make your day at the Zoo just a little bit different to the normal experience.
What’s new at our Zoos
Encounters are back to get you closer than ever before! Choose from amazing experiences like feeding a giraffe, getting mobbed by meerkats, or getting up close to little penguins for their daily feed.
The Seals for the Wild presentation has a new schedule. Weekday shows will run daily at 1pm, while weekend shows can be seen at 11am or 2pm. Be sure to arrive early during busy periods so you don’t miss out!
Did you know that giraffes can see up to 2 kilometres into the distance? Or that chimpanzees share more than 98% of our genetic blueprint? Learn more about the amazing animals in our care in our FREE daily Keeper Talks.
To get the most out of your membership, be sure to familiarise yourself with our full list of member benefits! Check out some of our favourite perks and top tips:
- Travelling interstate? Zoo Friends receive reciprocal entry to interstate Zoos including Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Adelaide Zoo, Montaro Zoo and Perth Zoos! Please note that free child annual pass holder will be charged an entry fee at Perth Zoo, Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo (See the Terms and Conditions for full details)
- Half price parking: validate your ticket at the Zoo Friends Office or in shop in the Top Plaza and park for just $9 a day
- Priority seating: look for the marked yellow Zoo Friends seating in the front rows at our bird and seal shows
- Discounts on food, shops and more! Show your card when making purchases at cafes, eateries and shops across both Zoos, as well as at Wild Ropes to receive discounts of 10-20%
- Event pre-sales: keep your email address up to date to get discount codes and exclusive pre-sale access to some of our best events, including Twilight and New Years Eve!
Renew your membership
Is it time to renew your membership? With so many things to see, and new arrivals at both our Zoos, it’s the perfect time to renew your membership! Explore Taronga Zoo Sydney’s African Savannah, and meet Amalie, the adorable Australian Sea Lion pup, or cool off at the new Waterhole Precinct at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo.
Renew online for just $99 for an adult, and two kids aged 4-15 are FREE! That’s 365 days of family fun for just $99!
Visit us at the Zoo, or renew online today.
Contributing to conservation
Did you know, that as Taronga is a not for profit, all proceeds from your Zoo Friends membership go back into a range of important conservation projects! From treating and rehabilitating animals in the Taronga Wildlife Hospitals to contributing to global outcomes through our range of conservation partnerships, your Zoo Friends membership is contributing to our mission of securing a shared future for people and wildlife.
To learn more about support your membership provides and how you’re being a champion For The Wild, check out the current conservation projects Taronga is contributing to, and stay up to date with the latest conservation news, including rehab stories from our Wildlife Hospitals!