Terms and Conditions – Asian Elephant calf naming competition
1. Information on how to enter and prize forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a Game of Chance.
2. Entry is open to Australian residentsonly who submit valid entries into this competition. Directors, employees and their immediate families of Taronga Conservation Society Australia (TCSA) Trading as Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo (including spouse, parent, child or sibling whether or not they live in the same house), and printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and older.
3. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Promotion commences on Thursday 21 June at 9:30am (AEST) and concludes on Thursday 5 July 2018 at 5pm (AEST).
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must, during the promotional period, visit www.taronga.org.au/namedubboelephant and complete the competition entry form, stating your Thai name suggestion along with its meaning and why you chose it for Taronga Western Plains Zoo’s female Asian Elephant calf. Entrants must be 18 years or over. The condition of all entries is joining Taronga’s communication database. By entering, you are agreeing to receive information and marketing material including by electronic mail from Taronga Conservation Society Australia, covering wildlife news and updates, promotions and conservation news. You can opt out at any time.
5. Entry is limited to one (1) per person. No scripting is allowed for online or iPAD entries (which will be deemed invalid).
6. The winner will be the best valid entry from the total pool of entrants as judged by the judging panel, having regard to creativity and originality, at Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo NSW 2830 on Friday 13 July 2018. Taronga may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy the Terms and Conditions or take a prize. The winner will be notified by telephone, email or mail by 16 July 2018. The winner will also be announced on taronga.org.au by 17 July 2018.
7. THE PRIZE POOL: The one (1) winning entry will receive a family stay at Zoofari Lodge for two adults and two children in an Animal View Lodge, a behind-the-scenes experience ‘money can’t buy’ with the elephant keepers to meet the Asian Elephant calf. The total prize pool of this competition is valued at $1196.00.
8. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winners. The Winners (and their guests) are responsible for expenses incurred, including spending money, meals, travel to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry/claim which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought prior to entering the competition.
12. The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied unless authorised by the Promoter. The prize value includes GST and is in Australian dollars and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or part of is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
13. Prizes are not transferable to another person or exchangeable. The prize cannot be redeemed as cash, other goods and services or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
14. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of age and identity prior to awarding the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
18. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
20. The entrant agrees to participate and co-operate with the Promoter as required in any possible editorial and promotional activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed to promote this competition (including any outcome) without remuneration. Winners also agrees to grant to the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
21. Winners may be required to execute a Deed of Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter, at the Promoters discretion.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, malfunction of any telephone network or line, providers or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion. The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
23. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the activity and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State and Territory Regulation.
The Promoter is Taronga Conservation Society Australia / Zoological Parks Board of NSW (ABN 41 733 619 876) of Bradleys Head Road, Mosman NSW 2088. Phone: +61 (0)2 9969 2777.
Authorised under NSW Permit number: LTPM/18/03162