Can't leave home right now? We're bringing you Virtual Zoo Lockdown Lessons streamed straight to your living room for FREE to help get through lockdown. Connect virtually with some of Taronga’s amazing animals with digital lessons led by a qualified member of our teaching staff that allows your students to be engaged by getting up close (digitally) to our fascinating animals via video link.
In these engaging sessions, Taronga Educators will delve into a variety of animals, their habitats, needs, the challenges they face for survival and the amazing adaptations they possess.
These virtual sessions will be hosted via on our Taronga Website, via Vimeo. No download is required and can be watched on a Taronga webpage link that you will be emailed after registering. Vimeo allows multiple devices to be active at one time.
Available to watch from 11.30am on Friday 17 September 2021
Due to overwhelming demand, Taronga’s Education Admin team does not have the capacity to assist with individual queries relating to connectivity or technical issues when accessing our Virtual Zoo Lockdown Lessons.
Links provided are tested ahead of time to work across all browsers and devices. We strongly recommend testing links ahead of time to ensure you are ready and able to connect when the livestream begins. Early connection prior to the livestream start time is possible; you will see a static holding message up on the Taronga webpage until the time our teachers start the stream.
Virtual Taronga Lessons - Curriculum-linked
In line with the latest NSW Health advice, and to ensure we keep our staff and animals safe, Virtual Taronga lessons that are privately booked and curriculum-linked are unavailable to book at this time.
We continue to be in regular contact with NSW Health regarding the situation and will provide more information on the closure in due course.
In the meantime, you can read more above and register for our FREE Virtual Lockdown Lessons running twice a week to help support teachers and parents with students at home.
When bookings reopen, you can connect virtually in an exclusive lesson with some of Taronga’s amazing animals in an online lesson led by qualified member of our teaching staff. Experience an intimate digital excursion that is suited to what your class is learning about.
Pick from a selection of our curriculum-linked workshops or reach out or contact our Education Admin team to discuss a bespoke session:
- Early Stage 1 to Stage 6 - Animal Encounter
- Stage 1 Science & Technology - Backyard Buddies
- Stage 2 Science & Technology - Life Cycles
- Stage 2 Geography - Earth's Environment
- Stage 3 Science & Technology - Surviving in a Changing World
- Stage 3 Science & Technology, Stage 4 Science, Mandatory Technology, and Stage 4 Science, Design & Technology - Enclosure Design
- Stage 4 Science - Classification and Adaptations
- Stage 5 Geography - Environmental Change and Management
- Stage 6 Biology - Biological Diversity
- Stage 6 Biology - Heredity and Genetic Change
- Stage 6 Business Studies - It's Zoo Business
Upon booking, you will be provided with a link to join the video conference one week prior. No download is required, the video link can be open using a web browser.
- Groups with one or two devices joining: our Microsoft Teams link will allow all participants to been seen and heard unless requested otherwise, suitable for one or two devices join the link
- Groups with multiple devices: Microsoft Teams will allow up to 200 devices to be active at one time. No participant will be seen or heard, questions can be typed into a Q&A function that are sent directly to our educators